Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Remembering Ella



Today marks the 94th anniversary of the murder of the Grand Duchess Elizabeth. I can still remember that time, ten years ago, when I saw a photo of her for the first time while I was doing some research about the imperial family. I was immediately charmed by the thoughtful expression of her eyes and her exquisite profile. After staring at her photo, I read the story of her life, and it certainly made a profound impression on me. From that moment on, Ella has become my inspiration.

I always think of Ella as the personification of beauty: the beauty that gives pleasure to the sight, and the beauty that goes beyond what our eyes can see. She was the beauty that embodies the good in our world, and also the beauty that lightens humanity's dark side.


2 comments:

May said...

She really was exquisite.

Christina said...

What a beautiful post, Gem. I agree - she personified beauty in so many ways.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Powered by Blogger